My name is Andy Heywood, I’m an IT professional from the United Kingdom
My blog UC Technologist is my contribution to the Microsoft Exchange and Lync/Skype for Business IT community and with it I will share with you news, quick tips, & in-depth tutorials relating to Exchange/Lync/SFB and other related technologies.
I have been working in the IT industry since the year 2001 when I graduated university with a BSc in Computer Science and Information Systems.
I am the owner and principal consultant at A J Heywood Limited providing clients with expert help and advice to ensure their IT projects succeed. I work with many technologies but I specialise in Microsoft Exchange Server and more recently Lync/Skype for Business.
I currently hold several certifications including:
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert: Messaging (Exchange 2013)
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA)
- Windows Server® 2012
- Windows Server® 2008
- Microsoft Certified IT Professional (MCITP)
- Enterprise Messaging Administrator on Exchange 2010
- Enterprise Messaging Administrator on Exchange 2007
- Server Administrator on Windows Server® 2008
- Lync Server Administrator 2010
- Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator (MCSA) Windows 2003
- Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator (MCSA) Messaging
- Citrix Certified Associate (CCA) on XenApp 6.5
Outside of work I enjoy sports, in particular football and support Manchester United, I also enjoy cooking food from various countries like Spanish, Italian, Indian, Thai & Chinese. When I am not working I spend my free time with my family.